Today, Friday July 31, is the last day get the HighEdWeb 2015 Annual Conference early-bird registration discount! Conference registration will stay open until the end of August (or until we sell out), but when you register by Friday, July 31, you save $125.
Register Now >
Need a reason (or 10) to head to HighEdWeb?
There are a lot of great conferences out there. And you have lots of choices for spending your professional development money. We think HighEdWeb 2015 (October 4-7 in Milwaukee, Wis.) is the right choice, for a lot of reasons:
- HighEdWeb is the conference created BY and FOR higher ed Web professionals. We are an all-volunteer organization, working to further our shared profession — and you can bet we really understand what’s happening right now in the higher ed Web world, and where it’s headed in the future, because we’re right there with you.
- Seven tracks of great content, covering topics including development and programming, marketing, content and social strategy, accessibility, educational technology, design, professional skills, and more.
- 70+ presentations by the best-of-the-best — great professionals, doing great work, and sharing it with you.
- Two world-class keynotes: our old friend @UnMarketing, Scott Stratten, AND Bill Nye (yes, THAT Bill Nye, the Science Guy!)
- Dozens of poster presentations at our Poster Session, affectionately called “the science fair for Web geeks.”
- Time with the HighEdWeb community, who are pretty fantastic and connected all year round.
- Food for the mind AND body, including conference meals (breakfast, lunch and snacks) and social events each night.
- A visit to Milwaukee, a city with a thriving river-front entertainment district, home of Harley-Davidson, great breweries, amazing art, and lots to explore.
- Add-on half-day workshops, helping you really maximize your learning.
- Technical, Integrated Marketing and Leadership Academies, held in conjunction with HighEdWeb 2015 on October 3-4.
We could keep going … and going … and going … but we hope you get the idea, and that you’ll plan to join us in October for an incredible event!
HighEdWeb 2015 Annual Conference’s opening keynote speaker has spent nearly a lifetime making science and technology entertaining and accessible. Combining his talents as a scientist, inventor, comedian and author, he has attracted adults and children to the wonders of scientific world. That’s right, it’s the one-and-only Bill Nye (@BillNye)! The Science Guy will speak to us Monday, Oct. 5 about science, the universe and everything in between.
Nye’s wit and enthusiasm have helped to garner 18 Emmy awards for his PBS/syndicated series “Disney Presents Bill Nye the Science Guy.” Nye is also the host of “Stuff Happens,” a show examining the everyday stuff of our lives, and the far-reaching effects our actions have on the planet.
An accomplished author, Nye has written five books including, “Bill Nye the Science Guy’s Big Blast of Science,” “Bill Nye the Science Guy’s Please Consider the Following–A Way Cool Set of Science Questions,” “Answers and Ideas to Ponder”, and his most recent book, “Bill Nye the Science Guy Considers the Big Blue Ocean.”
Nye received a mechanical engineering degree from Cornell University, where he studied under Carl Sagan. He joined Boeing Commercial Airline Company in Seattle, where he worked on flight control systems until his love of entertainment led to work as a stand-up comic and his eventual creation of the persona of the Science Guy.
Learn more about Bill Nye (and how you can see him at HighEdWeb 2015): http://2015.highedweb.org/nye/
We’re thrilled to share that the HighEdWeb 2015 Annual Conference schedule is live! http://2015.highedweb.org/schedule/
This year we’ll be gathering in Milwaukee, Wis. on October 4-7 to learn from a stellar lineup of speakers, with 70+ sessions in six tracks. There is something for everyone: programmers, strategists, developers, designers, content creators, social media managers, and everyone in between!
Session tracks include:
- Applications, Integration and Mobile
- Development, Programming and Architecture
- Marketing, Content and Social Strategy
- Management and Professional Development
- Technology in Education
- Usability, Accessibility and Design
- Sponsor & Vendor-Partners
As well, we’re once again offering half-day pre- and/or post-conference workshops, with topics ranging from content management and storytelling to analytics and responsive design. And those who want an in-depth professional development experience can take part in one of our professional Academies, to be held in Milwaukee on October 3-4 in conjunction with the Annual Conference. These two-day intensive professional development opportunities are offered in three topic areas: Integrated Marketing, Leadership and Technical.
Begin plotting out your conference now: review the schedule and check out the speakers at the #heweb15 website. And if you aren’t registered yet, you can get that done, too. Let’s do this — see you in Milwaukee!