The Volunteer Committee furthers community contributions and runs the volunteer program.
The committee has no expressed or implied governing power or authority. As an Association committee, the committee reports to the executive director.
- The executive director shall appoint the chair and members of the committee. The executive director will follow the volunteer recruitment process to select a chair.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience may assist the committee in the performance of its duties. The committee chair will follow the volunteer recruitment process and recommend members to the executive director for appointment.
- Josh Charles, chair
- Lougan Bishop
- Amanda Cerreto, marketing support
- Susan Blair
- Surabhi Gokte, marketing support
- Jen Mont
- Gale Wallace
- Assists the executive director maintaining volunteer and prospective records.
- Assists the executive director with onboarding and offboarding volunteers.
- Collaborates with committees to fill open positions.
- Collaborates with committees to provide feedback and recognition for volunteer efforts.
- Actively helps members find volunteer opportunities within the Association.
- Ensures that volunteer recruitment is an open, equitable process.
- Manages the Association’s Leadership Development program.
- Meets no fewer than 10 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Manages volunteer email inbox.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the executive director.
- Follows Association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and Association staff to accomplish Association goals.
- Provides monthly updates to the executive director through the committee chair.