The Technical Committee supports the technical infrastructure needs of the Association, including the board and committees.
The committee has no expressed or implied governing power or authority. As an Association committee, the committee reports to the executive director.
- The executive director shall appoint the chair and members of the committee. The executive director will follow the volunteer recruitment process to select a chair.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience may assist the committee in the performance of its duties. The committee chair will follow the volunteer recruitment process and recommend members to the executive director for appointment.
- Tryon Eggleston, chair
- Sara Clark, executive director
- Ben Kaminsky
- Keiran Pillman
- Gale Wallace
- Anthony Yang
- Maintains all systems, data stores and login accounts supporting Association work, including conference registration system, membership portal and technical infrastructure for all websites.
- Maintains Pantheon web hosting.
- Manages and maintains code repositories, DNS services and transactional email services.
- Evaluates and recommends technical solutions and products to repair, maintain or improve service quality, affordability and security.
- Creates technical standards and templates to ensure efficiency and consistency across all Association platforms.
- Provides governance for all WordPress plugins, including assessments for security, accessibility and other quality measures.
- Creates and enforces policies and actions to ensure data privacy, security and system integrity. Propose policies to the board for approval.
- Defers management for Google Drive documents and CiviCRM membership data to Association staff.
- Defers all event content updates to the applicable planning committee.
- Defers standard security patching and updates to contracted vendor.
- Meets no fewer than 10 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Manages tech committee email inbox.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the executive director.
- Follows Association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and Association staff to accomplish Association goals.
- Provides monthly updates to the executive director through the committee chair.