Makes recommendations, educates and informs the association about best practices and methods to foster a safe, equitable and inclusive environment. Leads response to or advises on Code of Conduct responses.
The committee has no expressed or implied power or authority.
- The board shall appoint the chair and members of the committee.
- The safety and inclusion coordinator for the annual conference serves as an ex officio member of this committee.
- The president shall appoint one director as the board liaison. The board liaison is a non-voting member of the committee.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience may assist the committee in the performance of its duties.
- Erika Boltz, Chair
- Kerri Hicks, Board Liaison
- Sven Aas
- Ashi Franke
- Kaitlyn Goodall
- Rachell Underhill
- Stewards the association’s Code of Conduct, including considering and drafting any changes for discussion and approval by the Board.
- Investigates, leads response to or advises on Code of Conduct responses and other aspects of community safety and abuse prevention (depending on the venue of response required).
- Shepherds HighEdWeb on problems, opportunities and potential changes affecting inclusion within our organization and activities, and on appropriate prioritization of initiatives in this area.
- Collaborates with other committees to improve representation of underrepresented groups in Association membership and leadership.
- Proactively recommends actions to improve safety and inclusion within the association and at association events, including conferences and online spaces.
- Offers advice and leadership to the Board and other committees on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Develops and maintains diversity and inclusion plan for the association.
- Meets no fewer than 10 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Manages safety email inbox.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the board of directors.
- Follows association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and board of directors to accomplish association goals.
- Provides quarterly updates to the board of directors.