The Membership Committee advances membership growth, retention and benefits.
The committee has no expressed or implied power or authority.
- The board shall appoint the chair and members of the committee.
- The president shall appoint one director as the board liaison. The board liaison is a non-voting member of the committee.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience may assist the committee in the performance of its duties.
- Jesse Lavery, co-chair
- Jody Benedict, co-chair
- Christian Santillo, board liaison
- Lougan Bishop
- Brian Piper
- Martin Sickafoose
- Manages and evaluates membership model, including requirements, levels, benefits and pricing. Reviews model at least annually and recommends changes to the board.
- Implements, maintains and assesses a plan to increase association membership, including institutional memberships.
- Implements, maintains and assesses the HighEdWeb ambassadors program, including eligibility, role definition, best practices and regional integration with association promotion efforts.
- Supports members by answering and resolving membership questions and issues.
- Implements, maintains and assesses membership benefits, in coordination with staff and other committees.
- Manages and promote usage of the job board
- Manages new member additions to the HighEdWeb Slack workspace.
- Post annual conference recordings and resources to the membership community.
- Meets no fewer than 10 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Manages membership email inbox.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the board of directors.
- Follows association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and board of directors to accomplish association goals.
- Provides quarterly updates to the board of directors.