To highlight the expertise of current membership by promoting Association members as experts through the Association’s social media channels and other online assets. The committee will also encourage — through internal communication — volunteerism in the form of committee participation as well as the sharing of professional resources, guidelines and personal knowledge between members.
The committee has no expressed or implied governing power or authority. As an Association committee, the committee reports to the executive director.
- The executive director shall appoint the chair and members of the committee. The executive director will follow the volunteer recruitment process to select a chair.
- The marketing and communications leads for events (and other committees) serve as ex officio members of this committee.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience in marketing or communications may assist the committee in the performance of its duties. The committee chair will follow the volunteer recruitment process and recommend members to the executive director for appointment.
- Melissa Lesica, chair
- Allison Lanier, vice chair
- Kathleen Callahan, assistant executive director
- Shane Baglini, newsletter coordinator
- Charlie Doe
- Joseph DiDomizio
- Allison Green, social media team lead
- Michelle LoGerfo, storefront designer
- Jasmine Van Schaick
These volunteers fulfill the marketing and communication needs of specific committees. They update and coordinate with the central Marketing and Communications Committee.
- Lauren Benton, Sponsorship Committee
- Natalie Brown Allen, 2024 North Carolina Regional Committee
- Amanda Cerreto, Volunteer Committee
- Bri Diaz, 2024 Annual Conference
- Surabhi Gokte, Volunteer Committee
- Bobbie Handcock, Academies Committee
- Taku Mudzongo, 2024 Analytics & AI Summit Committee
- Ryan Nausieda, 2024 Michigan Regional Committee
- Reagan Stone, 2024 Accessibility Summit Committee
- Jessica Pontarelli, Membership Committee
- Kelsey Stockton, Membership Committee
- Donna Talarico, Link Committee
- Karyn Wendrow, Sponsorship Committee
- Isaac Williams, Educational Events Committee
Social Media Team
- Allison Green, social media team lead
- Sarah Dudinetz, 2024 Michigan Regional
- Margaret Hair, Link Journal
- Bobbie Handcock, Academies
- Eunillyne Lazado, 2024 Accessibility Summit
- Jenny Martin, membership
- Katelyn Mills-Erikson, 2024 Annual Conference, Analytics and AI Summit
- Jasmine Van Schaick, 2024 North Carolina Regional
- Develops guidelines and oversees consistent, effective communication aligned with the HighEdWeb mission and brand.
- Manages editorial calendar for Association emails and other communications.
- Develops annual report.
- Maintains the brand standards and defines the voice and tone of the organization.
- Reviews and monitors the effectiveness of external and internal communications.
- Develops and implements social media strategy (organic and paid) for the organization’s flagship accounts.
- Manages non-conference advertising campaigns.
Social Media Team responsibilities
- Manages a social media content calendar, creates original content, finds new ways to share existing (but still relevant) content, monitors social media for mentions of HighEdWeb and take action when necessary, and strives to amplify voices of HighEdWeb members across all social media channels where the Association is active.
- Gathers analytics across all social media channels and suggests adjustments to strategy to improve engagement.
- Responds and engages with positive social media mentions in ways that are consistent with HighEdWeb’s voice and tone.
- Advises and implements social media strategy for other HighEdWeb committees as needed.
- Meets no fewer than 10 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Manages marcom email inbox.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the executive director.
- Follows Association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and Association staff to accomplish Association goals.
- Provides monthly updates to the executive director through the committee chair.