The Link Journal Committee provides professional development resources through articles and updates.
The committee has no expressed or implied governing power or authority. As an Association committee, the committee reports to the executive director.
- The executive director shall appoint the chair and members of the committee. The executive director will follow the volunteer recruitment process to select a chair.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience may assist the committee in the performance of its duties. The committee chair will follow the volunteer recruitment process and recommend members to the executive director for appointment.
- Margaret Hair, chair and publisher
- Tim Nekritz, chief editor
- Garrett Conti, editor
- Kristin Hanson, writer
- Gale Wallace, Technical Committee liaison
- Communicates Association news and accomplishments to members and the greater community.
- Builds a community of writers and contributors to further the Association’s mission of continual education for digital professionals.
- Collaborates with other committees to promote their work and initiatives.
- Establishes and maintains a workflow of writers from unselected proposals for the conference.
- Builds a series of followup articles following the annual conference from attendees and presenters.
- Solicits more work from authors outside the Link staff.
- Publishes at least 1-2 topical articles each month (not including Association news and excluding October).
- Develops, implements and maintains a plan to increase readership.
- Meets no fewer than 10 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Manages Link email inbox.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the executive director.
- Follows Association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and Association staff to accomplish Association goals.
- Provides monthly updates to the executive director through the committee chair.