The Link Journal Committee provides professional development resources through articles and updates.
The committee has no expressed or implied power or authority.
- The board shall appoint the chair and members of the committee.
- The president shall appoint one director as the board liaison. The board liaison is a non-voting member of the committee.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience may assist the committee in the performance of its duties.
- Margaret Hair, chair and publisher
- Tim Nekritz, chief editor
- Jackie Vetrano, board liaison
- Garrett Conti, editor
- Kristin Hanson, writer
- Gale Wallace, Technical Committee liaison
- Communicates association news and accomplishments to association members and the greater community.
- Builds a community of writers and contributors to further the association’s mission of continual education for web professionals.
- Collaborates with other committees to promote their work and initiatives.
- Establishes and maintains a workflow of writers from unselected proposals for the conference.
- Builds a series of followup articles following the conference from attendees and presenters.
- Solicits more work from authors outside the Link staff.
- Publishes at least 1-2 topical articles each month (not including Association news and excluding October).
- Develops, implements and maintains a plan to increase readership.
- Meets no fewer than 10 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Manages Link email inbox.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the board of directors.
- Follows association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and board of directors to accomplish association goals.
- Provides quarterly updates to the board of directors.