The Educational Events Committee ensures HighEdWeb educational events are successful through planning and coordination.
The committee has no expressed or implied power or authority.
- The vice president shall serve as chair of the committee.
- The president shall appoint one director as the board liaison. The board liaison is a non-voting member of the committee.
- The board shall appoint members of the committee.
- The operations director shall serve as staff to the committee.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience may assist the committee in the performance of its duties.
- Glenn Donaldson, Chair
- Nikki Massaro Kauffman, Board Liaison
- Sara Clark, Operations Director
- Beth Miller
- Aaron Olson
- Andy Shooner
- Isaac Williams
- Develops and maintains an educational events model that’s profitable, meeting the professional development needs of the membership and provides content/engagement throughout the year. Ensures the model includes revenue, growth and performance goals for the next three years. Proposes any changes to the board of directors
- Monitors and assesses the educational events model and provides an annual report to the board of directors.
- Maintains and publishes a master calendar of HighEdWeb events.
For all educational events outside of the annual conference
- Solicits, review and manages applications for virtual and in-person events. Proposes events to the board of directors for approval.
- Ensures in-person events held within 12 months of an annual conference are more than five hours driving distance from that annual conference location.
- Supports and advises event organizers, including through the development and maintenance of an organizers handbook.
- Solicits and maintains final reports from event organizers.
- Meets no fewer than 10 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Manages email inboxes for the events.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the board of directors.
- Follows association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and board of directors to accomplish association goals.
- Provides quarterly updates to the board of directors.