The Educational Events Committee ensures HighEdWeb educational events are successful through planning and coordination.
The committee has no expressed or implied power or authority. This committee reports directly to the board of directors.
- The vice president shall serve as chair of the committee.
- The executive director shall serve as staff to the committee.
- The board shall appoint members of the committee. The majority of members must be directors.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience may assist the committee in the performance of its duties. The committee chair will follow the volunteer recruitment process and recommend non-director members to the board for appointment.
- Joshua Charles, chair
- Sara Clark, executive director
- Christine Boehler
- Glenn Donaldson
- Brian Piper
- Eric Sembrat
- Andy Shooner
- Brenden Sparks
- Jackie Vetrano
- Isaac Williams
- Develops and maintains an educational events model that’s profitable, meeting the professional development needs of the membership, and provides content/engagement throughout the year. Ensures the model includes revenue, growth, and performance goals for the next three years. Proposes any changes to the board of directors.
- Monitors and assesses the educational events model and provides an annual report to the board of directors.
- Maintains and publishes a master calendar of HighEdWeb events.
- Solicits, reviews and manages hosting applications for online and in-person events outside of the annual conference. Proposes events to the board of directors for approval.
- Ensures in-person events held within 12 months of an annual conference are more than five hours driving distance from that annual conference location.
- Coordinates with the Annual Conference Site Selection Committee.
- Supports and advises event organizers, including through the development and maintenance of an organizers handbook.
- Solicits and maintains final reports from event organizers.
- Meets no fewer than 10 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the board of directors.
- Follows Association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and the board of directors to accomplish Association goals.
- Provides quarterly updates to the board of directors.