The Data Security Committee oversees data security and privacy resources, policies and procedures.
This committee reports directly to the board of directors. The committee has no expressed or implied power or authority.
- The president shall chair the committee.
- The treasurer, executive director and Technical Committee chair shall serve as members of the committee.
- The board shall appoint other committee members. The majority of members must be directors.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose relevant experience may assist the committee and the board in the performance of their data security responsibilities. The committee chair will follow the volunteer recruitment process and recommend non-director members to the board for appointment.
- Aaron Knight, president and chair
- Sara Clark, executive director
- Robert Heyser, treasurer
- Tryon Eggleston, Technical Committee chair
- Review data security plans and policies annually and make changes as needed.
- Ensure that data security and privacy plans, policies and procedures are being followed.
- Provide data security resources for staff, volunteers and vendors.
- Run and document an incident response plan exercise at least annually.
- Implement and maintain a security awareness program.
- Meets no fewer than four times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee or the executive director.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the board of directors.
- Follows Association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and board of directors to accomplish Association goals.
- Provides quarterly updates to the board of directors.