The Budget Committee assists in the creation and adoption of the Association Annual budget.
The committee has no expressed or implied power or authority.
- The Treasurer shall chair the committee.
- The Operations Director shall serve as staff to the committee.
- The following committee chairs shall serve as a members of the committee:
- Educational Events
- The president shall appoint one director as the board liaison. The board liaison is a non-voting member of the committee.
- The board shall appoint other committee members. The committee chair will follow the volunteer recruitment process and recommend members to the board of directors for appointment.
- The committee may include non-director and non-member persons whose experience in accounting, finance or business may assist the committee and the board in the performance of their financial oversight responsibilities.
- Ensure that the process of planning for and preparing the annual operating budget is documented, reviewed and updated as needed.
- Publish standardized budget request template for committee use.
- Establish and maintain an annual budget planning process as follows:
- Call for and receive all budget requests from association stakeholders.
- Seek additional information from requestors as needed.
- Review requests and provide the Operations Director a list of budget items to be funded.
- Review draft budget proposed by staff.
- Refine budget by collaboratively prioritizing requests based on alignment with the Association’s mission, strategic plan and financial estimates.
- Taking into account staff feedback, anticipated revenue, base operating expenses, requested expenditures and overall financial goals, propose a
- Document requests not funded in budget with rationale for decision for suggested exclusion.
- Send the draft budget to the Finance Committee, and solicit feedback and field questions, suggestions, etc.
- Coordinate with the Finance Committee to submit a budget, along with documentation for what’s not funded to the Board for approval.
- Meets no fewer than four times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee or the operations director.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the board of directors.
- Follows association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other association committees and board of directors to accomplish association goals.
- Provides quarterly updates to the board of directors.