The Annual Conference Committee plans and implements the annual conference. It oversees and supports the Program Subcommittee and Academies Subcommittee.
The committee has no expressed or implied power or authority.
- The board shall appoint the chair and members of the committee.
- The operations director shall serve as staff to the committee.
- The vice president serves as the board liaison. The board liaison is a non-voting member of the committee.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience may assist the committee in the performance of its duties.
2021 Annual Conference Committee members
- Colleen Brennan-Barry, conference chair
- Tom Wojciechowski, conference vice chair
- Glenn Donaldson, board liaison
- Lori Packer, program subcommittee chair
- Sara Clark, operations director
- Christine Boehler, sponsorship communications coordinator
- Mike Henderson, AV and livestream lead
- Andrea Mostyn, attendee relations lead
- Jeff Sechler, video lead
- Jon-Stephen Stansel, social media coordinator
- Jason Woodward, technology lead
- Joe Vugteveen, sponsorship lead
2021 Program Subcommittee members
- Lori Packer, Chair
- Manages the budget of the annual conference.
- Creates and implements logistical plan for annual conference.
- Evaluates and selects social event locations.
- Coordinates with venues and vendors on conference needs.
- Selects keynote(s) for annual conference.
- Provides superior professional development.
- Develops and maintains conference website content and code.
- Manages and promotes registration.
- Solicits and supports sponsors.
- Supports attendees, before, during and after the conference.
- Coordinates AV needs, including editing recordings for membership community.
Program Subcommittee responsibilities
- Coordinates and promotes call for proposals.
- Reviews and selects proposals for each track with a goal of providing a balanced program in terms of topic areas covered and further increasing diversity (new vs veteran presenters, underrepresented groups, etc.)
- Promotes presenters and the program as a whole (writing Link articles to describe and promote each track, participating in discussions and sharing conference content on social media, etc.).
- Mentors presenters on what will be needed at the conference to help make them as successful as possible.
- Staffs tracks at annual conference, including introducing speakers, assisting with AV as needed, assisting with audience Q&A, and ensuring sessions begin and end on time.
- Ensures evaluations are submitted by session attendees.
- Advises prospective presenters to other volunteer opportunities with the association (i.e., writing for LINK, serving on a committee)
- Meets no fewer than 10 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee/subcommittee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Manages email inboxes for the events.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the board of directors.
- Follows association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and board of directors to accomplish association goals.
- Provides quarterly updates to the board of directors.