The Annual Conference Committee plans and implements the annual conference. It oversees and supports the Program Subcommittee and Academies Subcommittee.
The committee has no expressed or implied power or authority.
- The board shall appoint the chair and members of the committee.
- The operations director shall serve as staff to the committee.
- The vice president serves as the board liaison. The board liaison is a non-voting member of the committee.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience may assist the committee in the performance of its duties.
2019 Annual Conference Committee members
- Glenn Donaldson, Chair
- Tom Wojciechowski, Board Liaison
- Sara Clark, Operations Director
- Sven Aas
- Veronica Adinegara
- Waylon Baumgardner
- Colleen Brennan-Barry
- Natalie Brown
- C. Daniel Chase
- Larry Falck
- Kaitlyn Goodall
- Mike Henderson
- Jim Kittle
- Cheryl McKay
- Andrea Mostyn
- Tonya Oaks Smith
- Ben Rapin
- George Sackett
- Jon-Stephen Stansel
- Melissa Van De Werfhorst
- Jason Woodward
- Lori Packer
- Doug Tschopp
2019 Program Subcommittee members
- Lori Packer, Chair
- Doug Tschopp, Vice Chair
- Ben Rapin, Board Liaison
- Eric Sembrat
- Jackie Vetrano
- Martin Sickafoose
- Matt Ryan
- Paul Gilzow
- Sarah Maxell Crosby
- Aaron Rester
- Andy Shearouse
- Jeff Stevens
- John Wagner
- Karen Hackett
- Lisa Catto
- Michelle Tarby
- Lacy Paschal
2019 Academies Subcommittee members
- Cheryl McKay, Co-Chair
- Melissa Van De Werfhorst, Co-Chair
- Lisa Catto, Board Liaison
- Amy Grace Wells, Content/UX Academy
- Shelley Keith, Content/UX Academy
- Brendan Sparks, Technical Academy
- Joshua Woehlke, Technical Academy
- Matt Herzberger, Leadership Academy
- Karlyn Borysenko, Leadership Academy
2020 Annual Conference Committee members
- Tonya Oaks Smith, 2020 Conference Co-Chair
- Waylon Baumgardner, 2020 Conference Co-Chair
- Glenn Donaldson, Board Liaison
- Sara Clark, Operations Director
- 650 attendees
- $175,000 sponsors revenue
- $100,000 net profit
- Adapt program tracks to have a positive impact for the community and more technical content spread throughout tracks.
- Manages the budget of the annual conference.
- Creates and implements logistical plan for annual conference.
- Evaluates and selects social event locations.
- Coordinates with venues and vendors on conference needs.
- Selects keynote(s) for annual conference.
- Provides superior professional development.
- Develops and maintains conference website content and code.
- Manages and promotes registration.
- Solicits and supports sponsors.
- Supports attendees, before, during and after the conference.
- Coordinates AV needs, including editing recordings for membership community.
Program Subcommittee responsibilities
- Coordinates and promotes call for proposals.
- Reviews and selects proposals for each track with a goal of providing a balanced program in terms of topic areas covered and further increasing diversity (new vs veteran presenters, underrepresented groups, etc.)
- Promotes presenters and the program as a whole (writing Link articles to describe and promote each track, participating in discussions and sharing conference content on social media, etc.).
- Mentors presenters on what will be needed at the conference to help make them as successful as possible.
- Staffs tracks at annual conference, including introducing speakers, assisting with AV as needed, assisting with audience Q&A, and ensuring sessions begin and end on time.
- Ensures evaluations are submitted by session attendees.
- Advises prospective presenters to other volunteer opportunities with the association (i.e., writing for LINK, serving on a committee)
Academies Subcommittee responsibilities
- Develops each academy’s curriculum to meet community needs.
- Coordinates presenters, from invitation to post-event followup.
- Promotes and markets each academy.
- Manages registrations and supports attendees.
- Plans and implements an academy alumni reception.
- Coordinates with venues and vendors on academy needs.
- Develops and maintains academy website content and code.
- Manages the budget of the academies to achieve a 10% net profit.
- Meets no fewer than 10 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee/subcommittee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Manages email inboxes for the events.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the board of directors.
- Follows association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and board of directors to accomplish association goals.
- Provides quarterly updates to the board of directors.