The Annual Conference Committee plans and implements the annual conference. It oversees and supports the Program Subcommittee and Academies Subcommittee.
The committee has no expressed or implied power or authority.
- The board shall appoint the chair and members of the committee.
- The operations director shall serve as staff to the committee.
- The vice president serves as the board liaison. The board liaison is a non-voting member of the committee.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience may assist the committee in the performance of its duties.
2020 Annual Conference Committee members
- Tonya Oaks Smith, 2020 Conference Co-Chair
- Waylon Baumgardner, 2020 Conference Co-Chair
- Glenn Donaldson, Board Liaison
- Sara Clark, Operations Director
- Veronica Adinegara, print and design
- Christine Boehler, Volunteer Coordinator
- Colleen Brennan-Barry, Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- Carter Carroll, Livestream Support
- Dan Chase, Photography
- Ashi Franke, Accessibility Coordinator
- Kaitlyn Goodall, Safety and Inclusion
- Mike Henderson, Web Developer
- Jim Kittle, Technology and Backend
- Jesse Lavery, Livestream Coordinator
- Meaghan Milliorn Fikes, Regional Support Coordinator
- Andrea Mostyn, Registration Coordinator
- Lori Packer, Program Chair
- Ben Rapin, Sponsors Coordinator
- Taryn Rejholic, Content Creator/Manager
- Jeff Sechler, Video Brigade Coordinator
- Jon-Stephen Stansel, Social Media Manager
- Drew Stephens, AV liaison
- Joseph Vugteveen, Sponsors Support
- Tom Wojciechowski, Swag and Keynote
- Jason Woodward, Technology and Evaluations
2020 Program Subcommittee members
- Lori Packer, Chair
- Lacy Paschal, Vice Chair
- Glenn Donaldson, Board Liaison
- Doug Tschopp
- Andy Shearhouse
- Glenn Donaldson
- Mark Whittaker
- Sven Aas
- Paul Gilzow
- Karen Hackett
- Sarah Maxell Crosby
- Aaron Rester
- Jeff Stevens
- Michelle Tarby
- John Wagner
- Matt Ryan
- Eric Sembrat
- Janice Cheng-McConnell
- Aaron Knight
- Martin Sickafoose
- 700 attendees
- $215,000 sponsor revenue
- $120,000 net profit
- 250 submitted proposals from at least 150 unique presenters
- 50% of presenters are first-time presenters
- Increase of no more than $100 in general registration fees and no more than $50 for workshop fees.
- Increase the technical offerings at the conference.
- Support presenters from the proposal through presentation phases.
- Standardize community group discussions.
- Expand Livestream offering to three concurrent Livestream tracks.
- Evaluate and adjust sponsorship levels and perks to help drive more ROI for sponsors.
- Support sponsors on how to get the most of their conference experience.
- Manages the budget of the annual conference.
- Creates and implements logistical plan for annual conference.
- Evaluates and selects social event locations.
- Coordinates with venues and vendors on conference needs.
- Selects keynote(s) for annual conference.
- Provides superior professional development.
- Develops and maintains conference website content and code.
- Manages and promotes registration.
- Solicits and supports sponsors.
- Supports attendees, before, during and after the conference.
- Coordinates AV needs, including editing recordings for membership community.
Program Subcommittee responsibilities
- Coordinates and promotes call for proposals.
- Reviews and selects proposals for each track with a goal of providing a balanced program in terms of topic areas covered and further increasing diversity (new vs veteran presenters, underrepresented groups, etc.)
- Promotes presenters and the program as a whole (writing Link articles to describe and promote each track, participating in discussions and sharing conference content on social media, etc.).
- Mentors presenters on what will be needed at the conference to help make them as successful as possible.
- Staffs tracks at annual conference, including introducing speakers, assisting with AV as needed, assisting with audience Q&A, and ensuring sessions begin and end on time.
- Ensures evaluations are submitted by session attendees.
- Advises prospective presenters to other volunteer opportunities with the association (i.e., writing for LINK, serving on a committee)
- Meets no fewer than 10 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee/subcommittee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Manages email inboxes for the events.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the board of directors.
- Follows association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and board of directors to accomplish association goals.
- Provides quarterly updates to the board of directors.