- Recommends annual goals to the executive director for approval.
- Manages the budget for the Analytics Summit.
- Creates and implements logistical plans for the Analytics Summit.
- Evaluates and selects social event locations for in-person events.
- Partners with venues and vendors on conference needs, in coordination with the executive director.
- Provides superior analytics-related professional development.
- Develops and maintains conference website content and code.
- Manages registration and supports attendees.
- Promotes and markets the event in coordination with the Marketing and Communications Committee.
- Solicits and supports sponsors in coordination with the Sponsorship Committee.
- Facilitates selection of proposals, organizes final schedule and manages day-of conference sessions.
- Coordinates with Safety, Diversity and Inclusion Committee to ensure that the event, presenters and materials are inclusive and representative of the higher education community.
- Coordinates AV needs, including editing recordings for Professional Development Library.
- Facilitates evaluations of sessions and the conference to capture feedback for future planning.
- Submits an assessment after each event to the Educational Events Committee.
The committee has no expressed or implied governing power or authority. As an Association committee, the committee reports to the executive director.
- The executive director shall appoint the chair and members of the committee. The executive director will follow the volunteer recruitment process to select a chair.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience in analytics and planning educational events may assist the committee in the performance of its duties. The committee chair will follow the volunteer recruitment process and recommend members to the executive director for appointment.
- Meets no fewer than 8 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Supports Analytics Summit customers/attendees.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the executive director.
- Follows Association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and Association staff to accomplish Association goals.
- Provides monthly updates to the executive director through the committee chair.
- Works within the overall events model.