The Accessibility Summit Committee plans and implements the annual Accessibility Summit.
The committee has no expressed or implied power or authority.
- The board shall appoint the chair and members of the committee.
- The operations director shall serve as staff to the committee.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience in accessibility and planning educational events may assist the committee in the performance of its duties.
2020 Accessibility Summit Committee members
- George Sackett, Chair
- Jeff Stevens, Board Liaison
- Erika Boltz, Program Chair
- Sara Clark, Operations Director
- Brad Davidson, AV and Technology
- Carmen Schafer, Sponsor Coordinator
- Ashi Franke, Accessibility Coordinator and Graphic Designer/Web Designer
- Margaret Hair, Marcom/Social Media Coordinator
- Erin Jorgensen, Registration Coordinator
- Rachell Underhill, Assistant to the Program Chair
- 200 attendees
- 50 proposals
- $5000 sponsorship
- Increase registration no more than $10 over last year
- At least $1500 profit
- Program focus on digital accessibility in higher education
- Actively encourage HighEdWeb membership and volunteering
- Manages the budget for the Accessibility Summit.
- Creates and implements logistical plans for the Accessibility Summit.
- Evaluates and selects location for all Accessibility Summit related functions.
- Coordinates with venues and vendors on conference needs such as catering, AV, lodging, etc.
- Provides superior accessibility-related professional development.
- Develops and maintains conference website content and code.
- Manages and promotes registration.
- Solicits and supports sponsorship support in coordination with the association’s sponsorship committee.
- Coordinates and promotes call for session proposals, facilitates selection of proposals, organizes final summit schedule and manages on-site track rooms.
- Facilitates evaluations of sessions and the summit to capture feedback for future planning.
- Meets no fewer than 8 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Manages Accessibility Summit email inbox.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the board of directors.
- Follows association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other association committees and board of directors to accomplish association goals.
- Provides quarterly updates to the board of directors through committee chair and board liaison.