The Accessibility Summit Committee plans and implements the annual Accessibility Summit.
The committee has no expressed or implied power or authority.
- The board shall appoint the chair and members of the committee.
- The operations director shall serve as staff to the committee.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience in accessibility and planning educational events may assist the committee in the performance of its duties.
2021 Accessibility Summit Committee members
- Karen Hackett, chair
- Erin Jorgensen, vice chair and registration coordinator
- Jeff Stevens, board liaison
- Mark Anbinder, safety and inclusion coordinator
- Sara Clark, operations director
- Carmen Schafer, sponsorship coordinator
- Jeff Sechler, video coordinator
- Hillary Smith, social media coordinator
- Lindsey Sneed, program vice chair
- Mike Steffel, conference platform coordinator
- Crystal Tenan, program chair
- RJ Thompson, designer
- Rebekah Wright, marketing and communications lead
- Yield total registration of at least 500 and no more than 800 attendees with at least 75% attendance
- Yield profit to the Association of at least $10,000
- Yield $5,000 from sponsors
- Keep ticket prices affordable (no more than $75 per ticket) to increase/encourage attendance
- Ensure summit program content includes all aspects of digital accessibility
- Increase Association awareness and encourage memberships
- Manages the budget for the Accessibility Summit.
- Creates and implements logistical plans for the Accessibility Summit.
- Evaluates and selects location for all Accessibility Summit related functions.
- Coordinates with venues and vendors on conference needs such as catering, AV, lodging, etc.
- Provides superior accessibility-related professional development.
- Develops and maintains conference website content and code.
- Manages and promotes registration.
- Solicits and supports sponsorship support in coordination with the association’s sponsorship committee.
- Coordinates and promotes call for session proposals, facilitates selection of proposals, organizes final summit schedule and manages on-site track rooms.
- Facilitates evaluations of sessions and the summit to capture feedback for future planning.
- Meets no fewer than 8 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Manages Accessibility Summit email inbox.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the board of directors.
- Follows association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other association committees and board of directors to accomplish association goals.
- Provides quarterly updates to the board of directors through committee chair and board liaison.