- Recommends annual goals to the executive director for approval.
- Manages the budget for the Accessibility Summit.
- Creates and implements logistical plans for the Accessibility Summit.
- Evaluates and selects social event locations for in-person events.
- Partners with venues and vendors on conference needs, in coordination with the executive director..
- Provides superior accessibility-related professional development.
- Develops and maintains conference website content and code.
- Manages registration and supports attendees.
- Promotes and markets the event in coordination with the Marketing and Communications Committee.
- Solicits and supports sponsors in coordination with the Sponsorship Committee.
- Coordinates and promotes call for session proposals, facilitates selection of proposals, organizes final summit schedule and manages day-of conference sessions.
- Coordinates with Safety, Diversity and Inclusion Committee to ensure that the event, presenters and materials are inclusive and representative of the higher education community.
- Coordinates AV needs, including editing recordings for Professional Development Library.
- Facilitates evaluations of sessions and the summit to capture feedback for future planning.
- Submits an assessment after each event to the Educational Events Committee.
The committee has no expressed or implied governing power or authority. As an Association committee, the committee reports to the executive director.
- Meets no fewer than 8 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Manages Accessibility Summit email inbox.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the executive director.
- Follows Association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and Association staff to accomplish Association goals.
- Provides monthly updates to the executive director through the committee chair.
- Works within the overall events model.
University of Rochester
Program vice chair
Wake Technical Community College
Mark H. Anbinder
Safety and inclusion coordinator
Illinois State University
Platform program liaison
Mississippi State University
University of Rochester
Northern Illinois University
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College