The Academies Committee plans and implements the academies.
The committee has no expressed or implied power or authority.
- The board shall appoint the chair and members of the committee.
- The president shall appoint one director as the board liaison. The board liaison is a non-voting member of the committee.
- The operations director shall serve as staff to the committee.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience may assist the committee in the performance of its duties.
- Kaitlyn Goodall, chair
- Jackie Vetrano, board liaison
- Sara Clark, operations director
- Matt Herzberger, Leadership Academy program co-chair
- Matt Vertin, Leadership Academy program co-chair
- Natalie Brown Allen, sponsorship coordinator
- Rebecka Hall, marketing coordinator
- Yield total registration of at least 20 and no more than 35 attendees
- Yield profit to the Association of at least 10% of net income from each Academy
- Yield at least $5,000 from sponsors
- Keep prices for live Academies affordable (no more than $400 per attendee)
- Develop reusable content that is owned by the Association
- Develop and implement learning goals for each Academy and each associated credential.
- Develop uniform, well-branded content delivery formatting
- Develops each academy’s curriculum to meet community needs.
- Coordinates presenters and moderators, from invitation to post-event followup.
- Coordinates with Safety, Diversity and Inclusion Committee to ensure that the Academies, presenters and materials are inclusive and representative of the higher education community.
- Promotes and markets each academy in coordination with the association’s Marketing and Communications Committee.
- Manages registrations and supports attendees.
- Evaluates progress and issues credentials to qualified attendees.
- Plans and implements academy alumni events, such as the reception at the Annual Conference, in coordination with the Association’s operations director.
- Evaluates and selects location for all Academy-related functions in coordination with the Association’s operations director.
- Coordinates with venues and vendors on academy needs, as needed, in coordination with the Association’s operations director.
- Develops and maintains academy website content and code.
- Facilitates overall and session evaluations and synthesizes feedback for future planning.
- Solicits and supports sponsors in coordination with the association’s sponsorship committee.
- Manages the budget of the academies to achieve a 10% net profit.
- Meets no fewer than 10 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee/subcommittee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Manages email inboxes for the events.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the board of directors.
- Follows association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and board of directors to accomplish association goals.
- Provides quarterly updates to the board of directors.
- Works within the overall events model.
- Recommends annual goals to the board for approval and submits an assessment after each event.