The Academies Committee plans and implements the academies.
The committee has no expressed or implied power or authority.
- The board shall appoint the chair and members of the committee.
- The president shall appoint one director as the board liaison. The board liaison is a non-voting member of the committee.
- The operations director shall serve as staff to the committee.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience may assist the committee in the performance of its duties.
- Nikki Massaro Kauffman, Board Liaison
- Sara Clark, Operations Director
- Develops each academy’s curriculum to meet community needs.
- Coordinates presenters, from invitation to post-event followup.
- Promotes and markets each academy.
- Manages registrations and supports attendees.
- Plans and implements an academy alumni reception at the Annual Conference.
- Evaluates and selects location for all Academy-related functions.
- Coordinates with venues and vendors on academy needs.
- Develops and maintains academy website content and code.
- Facilitates overall and session evaluations and synthesizes feedback for future planning.
- Solicits and supports sponsors in coordination with the association’s sponsorship committee.
- Manages the budget of the academies to achieve a 10% net profit.
- Meets no fewer than 10 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee/subcommittee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Manages email inboxes for the events.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the board of directors.
- Follows association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and board of directors to accomplish association goals.
- Provides quarterly updates to the board of directors.