Oversees and manages regional events for the association.
The committee has no expressed or implied power or authority.
- The board shall appoint the chair and members of the committee.
- The president shall appoint one director as the board liaison. The board liaison is a non-voting member of the committee.
- The committee may include non-director persons whose experience may assist the committee in the performance of its duties.
- Nikki Massaro Kauffman, Interim Chair and Board Liaison
- Aaron Olson
- Andy Shooner
- Isaac Williams
- Develops and maintains a successful regional conference model that’s profitable and meeting the professional development needs of membership. Proposes any changes to the board of directors.
- Monitors and assesses regional conference model and provides an annual report to the board of directors.
- Supports and advises regional conference organizers, including through the development and maintenance of an organizers handbook.
- Solicits, reviews and manages regional conference applications. Proposes locations to the board of directors for approval.
- Solicits and maintains final reports from regional conference organizers.
- Holds 3-5 regionals per year. Ensure regionals held within 12 months of an annual conference are more than 5 hours driving distance from that annual conference location.
- Promotes regional conferences to encourage attendance.
- Meets no fewer than 10 times per year, at the call of the chair of the committee.
- Maintains minutes of all meetings.
- Manages regionals email inbox.
- Reviews this charter annually and recommends changes to the board of directors.
- Follows association policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains documentation about committee roles and procedures, including how this committee collaborates with others.
- Communicates and collaborates with other committees and board of directors to accomplish association goals.
- Provides quarterly updates to the board of directors.