The HighEdWeb Association will provide up to four grants to teams in different regions of the country who respond to our request for regional conference proposals (RFP). These grants will constitute the funding and resources to hold 2016 HighEdWeb Regional Conferences.
To complement the association’s grant funding, HighEdWeb will also provide:
- a planning calendar
- branding and naming guidance
- tips on how to gain local sponsorship
- templates for the conference program
- templates and instructions on maintaining the conference website
- a list of Association support contacts
Here’s an idea about what kinds of questions will be asked on the RFP:
- Name of chairperson
- Roles and names of other committee members. For example, each regional conference needs individuals to handle financial matters, marketing and communication, technical matters, and logistics.
- First and second choices for regional date
- First and second choices for regional location
- Essay (less than or equal to 500 words): Why a regional should be held in our area.
In addition to these questions, there will be a list of requirements for participation in the regional grant process. These requirements help the Association set the appropriate numbers of attendees, presentations, and expenditures for the event.
We will take proposals until Sept. 9, 2015, and then the Regional Support Committee will evaluate them. We’ll announce the locations of the regionals at the annual conference in Milwaukee, and conferences will be held during the first and second quarters of 2016.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.