The Higher Education Web Professionals Association Board of Directors is the governing body of the Association, working to create and manage policy, coordinate business issues, and manage the growth and prosperity of HighEdWeb. The Board meets monthly to discuss updates and issues, and works to lead various Association initiatives year-round.
There are several open Director spots, due to growth and natural term expiration, and so HighEdWeb is now inviting nominations.
As a Board member, one enjoys a role in shaping the future of our profession, and the opportunity to steer the vision for the Association as a representative of the membership. As well, one earns the recognition of a leadership position in a highly-regarded, internationally-acknowledged professional body.
Board Member Criteria
Our selection of new Board members is based on evaluation of the following criteria. Please know that we are looking for “best-fit” candidates: we will evaluate nominees based on their overall strengths, understanding that no one nominee may perfectly meet all of the below.
A nominee must:
- Be an active member of the Higher Education Web Professionals Association in the Professional or Honorary Member categories, or be willing and eligible to become an active member before the time of their appointment.
- Be currently employed in a Web-related field at a higher education institution.
- Have volunteer experience with HighEdWeb (as a presenter, committee member, etc.).
- Demonstrate knowledge of established Web standards, best practices and tools.
- Look to take a leadership role in both HighEdWeb and in the Web profession as a whole.
Preferred: Have previous committee, board or advisory council experience.
You may nominate yourself and supply us with the required information, or you may nominate someone else and we will contact them for their acceptance of the nomination and further details. An independent committee will review and make recommendations based on submitted nominations. Nominations will close on June 26, 2015, with notifications happening no later than August, 2015.
Many thanks for your interest in the Higher Education Web Professionals Association. We are proud, as always, to strive to advance Web professionals, technologies and standards in higher education, and to be members of a strong community — as always, the Association by and for higher ed Web professionals.
Questions? Contact HighEdWeb President Colleen Brennan-Barry at email@example.com or Board Nominations Chair Jennifer Shurkus at firstname.lastname@example.org.