Information for HighEdWeb Presentation & Workshop Presenters
Presentation & Workshop Schedule
For a full schedule of workshops and presentations, visit http://2012.highedweb.org/schedule.aspx.
- Workshops will run on Sunday, October 7 and Wednesday, October 10 from 1-4:30 p.m.
- Track sessions are generally 45 minutes long and will run on Monday, October 8 through Wednesday, October 10.
You are invited to the pre-conference presenter lunch on Sunday, October 7th at noon where you can begin to meet others from the conference and touch base with your track chair. We hope you’ll consider attending to get your HighEdWeb experience off to a great start.
Tracks & Chairs
- HighEdWeb Program Chair: Doug Tschopp
- Workshops: Doug Ruschman
- Usability, Accessibility & Design – Shelley Keith, Karen Hackett
- Management and Professional Development –Susan Ragland, Alana Riley
- Technical Propeller Hats Required– John Wagner, Jason Woodward
- Applications, Integration & Mobile – Glenn Donaldson, Brett Pollak
- Marketing, Content, and Social Strategy – Michelle Tarby, Brian Heaton
- Posters: Lori Packer
- Networking: Kirk Anne
- Corporate: Cliff Jenkins
Rooms & Technical Equipment
We ask that you bring your own laptop and necessary connector cords/adapters to run your presentation, or talk with your track chairs to make other arrangements.
Audio equipment provided:
- Room amplifier with two (2) speakers
- Two (2) wireless headset microphones for presenters
- One (1) sound input for a computer (iPod or other external device)
- One (1) wired microphone for the audience questions
Video equipment provided:
- Panasonic HDMI Projector (Model: PT-AX200U) 1280 x 720 resolution limit
- VGA cable available (bring special adapters if needed to connect to VGA)
- Other video inputs include: S-Video & HDMI (cables not provided)
Other points of note:
- With the new audio equipment purchased by the association, you do not need to bring any speakers for your computer.
- You may have to bring adapters to connect to the standard VGA cable or bring S-Video or HDMI cables if your computer has the capabilities.
- Please make sure your computer resolution is set to no greater than 1280 x 720.
If you have handouts, they can be put online or you can bring them along (the average session will have 75 to 125 attendees). Please have your presentation ready in electronic format to hand over to your track chairs prior to starting the session – be it Powerpoint, Keynote, a Slideshare link or other. Track chairs will be collecting the presentations and notes to put online.
All general track sessions (not workshops) will be audio recorded and transcribed for our members. The audio files with transcriptions will be made available at a later date. Please follow up with track chairs if you have any questions or concerns.
Best of Track/Red Stapler
Please plan to stay through Wednesday at noon. We will award Best-of-Track awards Wednesday morning and ask our winners to present again twice so conference attendees get the chance to see two of the best presentations they might have missed.