On behalf of the Higher Education Web Professionals Association Membership Committee:
As the HighEdWeb Board of Directors moves towards creating and implementing — with your input and feedback — an Association membership plan, we are asking for volunteers to sit on the new HighEdWeb Membership Committee. This group is tasked with taking the Association’s core membership ideas and implementing and expanding on them over time. This Committee will:
- Further develop the vision for the program based on feedback from the membership body and research,
- Manage the administration of the membership program and related tools,
- Ensure that the membership program remain healthy and current,
- Lead discussions and focus groups with the members at the national conferences, and
- Be the voice of the members to the Board of Directors.
We are looking for individuals who want to take on leadership roles in this facet of our Association. Please fill out this Google form by May 25th, 2012 indicating your interest and the skills you bring to the table. We will review and make selections from these submissions in the next few weeks.
This is a great opportunity to be more involved in the Association, and to help shape the future of our profession. Thank you in advance for your service. We look forward to working with you.
Higher Education Web Professionals Association
Chair, Membership Committee
Member, Board of Directors